Thursday 27 January 2011

24th January Potosi

So much for the cheap meal yesterday afternoon, at about 8 in the evening i said to Martin that I was still full and did he want to go out for dinner, oh yes always room for something he said. Off we go to a Mexican restaurant that Martin has spotted but it was closed last night, it is also closed tonight. so off to the place we ate at last night, I am feeling a more full and getting a little suspicious so I just have a main course and eat half of it and rearrange the rest and leave it at that, I and also leave Martin to finish the wine as I cannot face it. Back to the hotel and I immediately disappear off to the bathroom and well it must have been food poisoning and lets leave it at that.
Next day I feel particularly fragile and stay in bed, Martin has gone off to the Mint yet again as it was closed all of the weekend. Martin is back, the Mint is closed for cleaning so he is not destined to see it.
I did get up eventually and we chilled out most of the day and caught up with various people on email and skype.
In the square are some boys cleaning shoes so Martin has washed his boots and gone to get them polished, sadly he forgot to take any money which really distressed the lad cleaning his boots but he did try to reassure him he would be back. On his return he took my boots and asked him to clean them, the lad was beside himself, he had never seen footwear so big, see the pics. We are both polished up now so if we do get the rain we are promised at least the boots are protected.
Went out in the evening, back to the Mexican and hooray, it is open. Thought I would take it easy but the food was good, I stayed off the alcohol, but felt much better having eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we are: