Saturday 22 January 2011

22nd January Potosi

The plan today is that Martin is going to go on a City tour and I will chill and rest my leg, I need to get the blog up to date and answer a few emails anyway.
The hotel is quite interesting, it is open from the ground floor up to the roof which is glased, it is therefore very light. On the first floor is what looks like a balcony area where we had breakfast and I establish myself there for the day with books and computer.
I had expected Martin to be gone until at least 5 but he gets back about 1.30 quite tired having spent 3 hours walking all over town. I thought he was going to go on an official tour but it would seem that most things are closed so he showed himself around.
He went up to a tower we had seen on the way in and there is restaurant on the top but the lift was not working and the stairs were barred, he wouldn’t have liked the staires anyway as they had glass to the outside and he would probably have wobbled.
Also on his travels he came across 3 weddings and a street market where the items being sold were cars and motorbikes, a lot of tyre kickers around according to Martin.
The smell from the bakers next door coupled with most of the guests of the hotel pitching up with goods from that baker. Martin goes to see what he can find and reappears with some cheesy Cornish pasties, I’m sorry I cannot remember the Spanish name for them, something like Empanadas.
Not a lot more to report today, Martin has gone off to try to book himself on a tour of the Mine, something I was quite looking forward to but I need to be fit for Machu Pitchu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here we are: